While the Easter bunny is finishing up his/her hunt-and-find goodies for Sunday, the Communities Foundation of Texas team is getting ready to line up beneficiaries for the 2019 North Texas Giving Day. Sure, the legendary fundraising day isn’t until September (Thursday, September 19, to be exact), but they’ve scheduled area kick-off events to help fingers-crossed beneficiaries get pumped up and start plotting their strategy to get old and new donors on board.
The kick-off sessions are 180 degrees away from your typical ho-hum get togethers. Thanks a deejay and high energy mixed in with tips and details, they’re better than a double shot espresso.
The roadshow timeline for the five kick-offs is:
- Thursday, May 23, for Grayson County at Austin College’s Mabee Hall in Sherman
- Tuesday, May 28, for Dallas County at Moody Performance Hall in Dallas
- Thursday, May 30, for Denton at Liberty Christian School in Argyle
- Monday, June 3, for Tarrant County at Texas Live! In Arlington
- Tuesday, June 4, for Collin County at Collin College’s McKinney Campus in McKinney
All run from 10 a.m. to noon, except for Tarrant County that starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 10:30 a.m.
According to inside sources, “We’ve found that nonprofit reps who attend, raise more than those who don’t.”
Even if you’ve attended the kick-offs before, you might want to sign up again for new developments. To register for the event nearest you, click right here.
And, yes, the sessions are free.
* Graphic provided by Communities Foundation of Texas