According to 2023 Crystal Charity Ball Chair Angie Kadesky,
“Since 1952, Crystal Charity has been a driving force for positive change in the lives of children in Dallas County. The organization’s mission has remained unchanged for 71 years and that is to be a beacon of hope to underserved children in our community by funding projects in a variety of areas, including health, education, social services and the arts.
“Loyal partnerships with generous individuals, corporations and foundations have made it possible for Crystal Charity to provide significant financial support to more than150 non-profits in Dallas since our inception. More than 87,000 children will benefit from this year’s fundraising campaign, most whom live below the poverty line.
“The numbers are impressive-more than $185 million has been distributed to the children of Dallas County since the organization was founded 71 years ago. The 100 active volunteers will log approximately 18,000 volunteer hours in 2023.
“After a diligent four-month research process, Crystal Charity’s membership selected the following seven agencies as the 2023 Beneficiaries:
- “After-School All-Stars North Texas — Comprehensive, Cost-free After-School / Summer Programs for Middle School Youth
- “Buckner Children and Family Services — Expanding Children and Youth Programming at three Dallas Buckner Family Hope Centers
- “Fair Park First — Community Park: Fulfilling a 40+ Year Promise
- “Family Gateway — Mobile Crisis Response Unit for Children Facing Homelessness
- “Metrocare Services — Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinic at the new Hillside Campus
- “The Salvation Army of North Texas — Childcare Center at The Salvation Army’s new Dallas Social Service Center
- “YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas — Preschool at the new Park South Family YMCA
“Crystal Charity is honored to work with each of these agencies and deeply values their daily commitment to meeting the most critical needs of children in Dallas County.
“Please partner with us to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the children that will be touched by these with a collective need of $6.6 million for these projects. Visit crystalcharityball.org for more information to become a donor.”