Cristo Rey Dallas (CRD) has a lot to celebrate. In addition to having Admiral U.S. Navy (Ret.)/Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas grad Dr. Patrick “Pat” Walsh coming on board as its president starting April 15, CRD supporters, students and staff will be celebrating its STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics) programs at the 6th Annual Grow The Grove on Friday, May 6..
And Event Co-Chairs Barbara and Jim Moroney and Mary and Mike Terry have arranged the perfect venue for such a gathering — the Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
In addition to the cocktails, dinner, live auction and a first-time After Party, the entertainment will feature interactive stations with math trivia and science, students showcasing their artwork and CRD cheerleaders and Ballet Folklorico.
But it won’t all be fun and games and wining and dining. The evening will be highlighted by the presentation of two awards.
The Ignite Award will be presented to Parkland Health and Hospital System President/CEO Dr. Fred Cerise, who “has always believed in Cristo Rey Dallas students and has given them opportunities to represent Parkland on several occasions, including allowing CRD students to be the voice of Parkland flu drives in the community and present to Harvard University and UT Southwestern as part of a Parkland panel.”
In recognition of her dedication and support of CRD, the Luminous Award has been established to honor late community leader/philanthropist/former CRD board member Maryann Mihalopoulos, who “demonstrated passion and commitment to the mission of CRD.” Before her death in October 2020, Maryann “was not only a driving force in Dallas fundraising, but was also a pivotal part of raising funds for the major addition of CRD’s $14.5M Innovation Center.” During her tenure on the CRD board, she chaired the CRD presidential search committee and the CRD strategic planning committee.
2022 Grow The Grove’s sponsors include
- Presenting Sponsor ($50,000) – Partners of PwC;
- Technology Sponsor ($30,000)– Barbara and Jim Moroney and Mary and Mike Terry
- Engineering Sponsors ($15,000 – $20,000) – Arcosa Inc., Brousseau Naftis and Massingill PC, Johnson Equipment Company and Nancy Perot and Rod Jones
- Arts Sponsors ($10,000) – Lydia and Bill Addy, Chris and John Baldridge, Nancy Cain Marcus and Nelda Cain Pickens, Irma and Alfredo Duarte, Laura and Jim Espanier, Ernst and Young LLP, Bev Goulet, Diane and Mike Gruber, Nancy and Jim Hoak, Holly and Joe Hughes, Cheryl and Richard Joyner, Cecilia and Kip Kernodle, Joyce and Larry Lacerte, Kathleen and Frank Lauinger Family, Denise and Danny Lynn, Mary Blake and Chuck Meadows, Eilis and Dave Meyer, The Mihalopoulos Family, John Owens in honor of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, Chris and Joe Popolo, Carolyn and Karl Rathjen, Marybeth and Craig Reid, Barbara and Randy Rosenblatt and Carolyn and Jere Thompson, Jr.
- Mathematics Sponsors ($5,000) – A. Erin Dwyer Charitable Fund, Lynn and Win Bell, Lucy and Henry Billingsley, Kathleen and Pat Cox, David Douglas, Frost Bank, The Lassiter Family, Vicki and Brian Miller; NexPoint; Pediatric Dentistry of North Texas, Adriana and Guillermo Perales and Janet and Steve Shumake and
- Fund Our Labs Sponsors ($2500) – Beth Ann and Russell Huber, The Hockaday School and Ana and Jim Yoder.
* Graphic/photo provided by Cristo Rey Dallas