KidneyTexas Inc. is closing the books on 2020 handing out grants and opening a new one for 2021 with new leadership.
2020 KidneyTexas President Sandy Secor announced the organization’s 2021 leadership would include the following: President Rose Gault, 1st VP Susan Fisk, 2nd VP Courtney Nall, 3rd VP Kendra Karlock, Recording Secretary Jan Ward, Corresponding Secretary Kathy Cothrum, Treasurer Cindy Hanson, Treasurer-Elect Stacy Wiggins, Historian Jolie Humphrey and Parliamentarian Sandy Secor.
Despite the COVID-19 challenges of the past year, KidneyTexas was able to provide funds for North Texas organizations providing support for those suffering from kidney disease.
According to Sandy, “It is my honor to present grants on behalf of KidneyTexas Inc. to the following programs:
- Camp Reynal — $19,500 that will allow 80 children to attend camp free of charges.
- Methodist Health System Foundation — $75,000 for a secondary waiting area with naming recognition in the Transplant and Advanced Surgery Intensive Care Unit.
- Texas Health Resources Foundation — $12,693 for the purchase of a hemodialysis machine.
In a surprise announcement, Sandy reported that thanks to the generosity of Helga Feldman, three grants honoring Natalie Taylor and her husband were made to the following organizations:
- Baylor Health Care System Foundation to support the Baylor Transplant Services Project
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation for its Child Life Specialist Program
- Southwest Transplant Alliance for the purchase of three perfusion pumping machines.
* Graphic courtesy of KidneyTexas Inc.