Perhaps news about a November event will help recall the sight of leaves turning gold, bundling up to weather chilly weather and season’s upcoming holidays. Thanks to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Dallas Chapter, that news is here!
Philanthropy Day Luncheon Chair William Bryant has just revealed the plans and award recipients. The annual fundraiser will take place on Friday, November 9, at Hyatt Regency Dallas.
As for the awardees, they will be:
- Outstanding Philanthropist – Jack Furst nominated by the Boy Scouts of America
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser – Kaki Hopkins nominated by the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- Outstanding Foundation – Joe M. and Doris R. Dealey Family Foundation nominated by Texas Health Resources Foundation
- Outstanding Corporation – Pioneer Natural Resources nominated by Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity and Dallas CASA
- Outstanding Fundraising Executive – Luanne Samuel, CFRE nominated by Alcuin School
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy – Jingle Bell Mistletoe nominated by North Texas Food Bank
Even better is that the recipients videotape their acceptance speeches, so the event runs right on schedule.
BTW, guests need not worry about last year’s traffic jam with the Veterans Day parade. Plans call for the parade to take place on Monday, November 12.
Tickets start at $95 and are available now!