Last week was full of news and this week is looking like a repeat performance. This first one is worth more than $6M for the good of Dallas County children!
2018 Crystal Charity Ball Chair Claire Emanuelson and her committee finished the daunting selection of the 2018 CCB beneficiaries. After weeks of vetting, interviewing and presentations led by Charity Selection Chair Patty Leyendecker, the eight nonprofits that will be the recipients of a hold-your-breath $6,501,105 will be:
- After-School All-Stars North Texas — $592,140
- Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts — $766,190
- Boys And Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas — $600,591
- Buckner Children And Family Services Inc. — $1,125,435
- Friends of the Dallas Public Library — $752,454
- Mosaic Family Services — $666,612
- Nexus Recovery Center —$747,681
- Ronald McDonald House of Dallas, Inc. — $1,250,000
Any organization that has gone through the selection process knows that being chosen as a CCB recipient is a two-fold blessing. Sure, there is the money, but as the late North Texas Food Bank’s Executive Director Jan Pruitt said, “The validation by CCB was priceless.”
The fundraising for the 2018 beneficiaries is underway with 2018 Underwriting Chair Angie Kadesky very available at 214.526.5868, Ext. 14, for underwriting and sponsorship opportunities to reach the mammoth goal.
Congratulations to the eight beneficiaries.