Valentine’s Day is always a toughie. There’s the usual drill of flowers, candy and dinner out on the town. But how about taking a chance on something absolutely spectacular?
The St. Valentine’s Day Luncheon and Fashion Show has got just the opportunity. No, make that 11 opportunities.
For their 30th anniversary Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser at the Meyerson on Wednesday, February 12, they’re holding a raffle. . . not just any old raffle. There are exotic trips, sports package, dine-abouts, shopping, stay-vacations, fashions and pampering.
Naturally, you’re not going to believe it’s all that fabulous without proof, so here’s the proof:
- Travel Mexico (Value: $4,900) — Enjoy travel in Business Class comfort with two American Airlines tickets to Mexico and stay at Capella Pedregal, a premier luxury resort in Cabo San Lucas for three nights.
- Travel Caribbean (Value: $4,900) — Enjoy travel in Business Class comfort with two American Airlines tickets to the Caribbean and stay at Rosewood Little Dix Bay in the Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands for three nights.
- Travel Canada (Value: $4,900) — Enjoy travel in First Class comfort with two American Airline tickets to Canada and stay at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown for two nights.
- Sporting Around (Value: $1,250) — Root, root, root for…the Dallas Stars, four Gold Level Tickets, Zam Tunnel Pre-Game Visit, and wear your 2013-2014 Signed Team Jersey. . . the Dallas Mavericks vs. Denver Nuggets, two Platinum Level tickets and parking pass on March 21, 2014. . . the Texas Rangers, four seats behind home plate with parking pass and Ranger Dollars for hot dogs and peanuts. If hot dogs and peanuts won’t be enough, enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner with gift cards from Bavarian Grill, Hillstone, Houlihans, Houston’s, Maggiano’s, Neuhaus Café and R&D Kitchen.
- Taste of Dallas (Value: $2,000) — Start the evening with a private wine tasting at times ten cellars. Then enjoy the culinary wonders at some of Dallas finest restaurants with gift cards from Al Biernat’s, Bob’s Steak & Chop House, Capital Grille, Del Friscos, Hatties, Mi Piaci’s, Spoon and Zodiac at Neiman Marcus. You can also create a gourmet dinner with your two seats at a TRE Cooking Concept class taught by celebrity chef, Tre Wilcox. In addition to the class, catch the opening night of “Evita” on April 15 for four people and enjoy dinner at M Dining with two special bottles of wine from Hall Wines, Napa Valley before the curtain rises.
- Take Me Away (Value: $4,500) — Start your adventure out with a quick stop at Central Market for some snacks using your gift card. Drive a high performance BMW 7-series, Tesla, and Masarati over three different weekends. Make one of your stops at the Mansion for the Rosewood Experience Package which includes two evenings at the Mansion with breakfast and dinner for two! Don’t just stop there. Enjoy a night at the W Hotel, Dallas and two nights at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas with dinner featuring the Chef’s Tasting Menu from Fearings!
- Romantic Weekends ($3,500) — It’s Friday and you are looking for a quick trip to get away with someone special. Get your suitcase from the Container Store packed and go to any of these places for a weekend for two: Marriott Newport Beach, Marriott Manhattan Beach, Marriott Houston, Hotel Icon, Houston, Marriott Griffin Gate Resort& Spa, Lexington, Kentucky, Renaissance Austin and Renaissance New Orleans. When you go to Newport Beach, travel north to the Hall Winery where you will enjoy a tour and tasting at the winery in St. Helena, CA. No choice needs to be made. You can go to all of them with this package!
- By Design ($4,900) — What do necklace, ring, earrings, sculpture, and rooms have in common? All are by designers who have crafted their creativity into beautiful objects. And with this package you can have them all: A white bronze plated steel fringe necklace by Stella & Dot, a ceramic ring with multi-sapphires and diamonds by Stars of Africa, Tessa black quartz earrings by Amanda Sterrett, a Heart Bauble necklace from the Reforming Vintage Collection by Shona Gilbert, and a Majorica Pearl and Silver Necklace. Visit the Nasher Sculpture Center with your four guest passes, and get some ideas when you meet with IBB Design to decorate your home with a $1,000 gift card. Lastly, show off on your new creations with your exclusive invitation to all of the Patron Dallas parties.
- Shop the Village (Value: $1,275) — Use your $1,000 gift card to shop the exquisite stores in Highland Park Village. Additional gift cards to dine at the Village are included in this package for Sunday brunch at Café Pacific, Bistro 31 and Village Kitchen/Toko V.
- Queen for a Day (Value: $4,000) — Enrich your body and soul with this package. Hair and body care products by La Prairie, B. The Product, Philip B and Alterna as well as a gift card to Epicenter Plastic Surgery are included to create the perfect look. Relax by using your gift card for two hours at ESPA at the Joule and a private wine tasting for 10 people at times ten cellars. After, take your family for a portrait session with David Irvin Photography, and make some time for yourself with your Private Life and Enterprise Coaching Session with Jacqueline International. Rejuvenate your house, too. Mary Cates & Co. has provided two hours of designer services and $100 in-store credit.
- It’s in the Bag (Value: $4,800) — An exquisite African Ostrich Gloria Tote from the Barfield Collection anchors this package. Carry it to an Afternoon Tea with Champagne for 8 catered by Gil’s Catering for a splendid day!
Just think. You could win one of these goodies and two days later become a legend in someone’s life. Or, if there’s no one that special, you could just give yourself the ultimate Valentine. You know you deserve it!
If you want to buy a chance (they’re a mere $25 per or $100 for five), you can’t buy them online, at the grocery story or even Stanley Korshak. Nope. They’ll only be available at the St. V-Day patron party this Wednesday or at the luncheon itself.
* Photo courtesy of Highland Park Village