It doesn’t hurt to raise funds for a debilitating disease with a baseball theme when the local team is in first place and coming off two World Series appearances. Add in a Hall of Fame owner being interviewed by a typically relaxed (and tieless) Evan Grant and the entire evening was a success.
The Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America’s (CCFA) North Texas Chapter hosted a fundraising dinner May 24 at the Fairmont featuring special guest Nolan Ryan (along with wife, Ruth). The evening was led by event co-chairs Staci and Jeff Mankoff and Sheryl and Michael Weisberg, M.D.
“Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, collectively known as Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD), affects over 1.4 million American adults and children,” said Charlie Weiss, Gulf Coast Regional Director for CCFA.
Everyone waited around after Nolan for Evan and the Cowboys’ Mickey Spagnola to draw the winners of the evening’s raffle. A weekend in San Francisco, a $2,500 shopping spree at Neiman Marcus and a dinner with Evan and D Magazine‘s dining diva Nancy Nichols among the raffle prizes were overshadowed by a Rangers’ jersey signed by Nolan and a suite for the upcoming Tampa Bay game at The Ballpark.
- Grand Slam sponsors — Staci and Jeff Mankoff, Elaine and Trevor Pearlman, and Sheryl and Michael Weisberg, MD.
- Home Run sponsor — Sabina and Andy Stern/Sunwest Communications.
- Triple sponsors — Margaret and Glenn Solomon, Patsy Wolfson Fagadau, Museum Tower/Criswell Randovan, LLC, and Texas Digestive Disease Consultants.
- Double sponsors — Ameripath, Inc., Dr. Kenneth Brown, L&B Realty Advisors, LLP, Johnson Fain Architects, MedCAD, Inc., and Numed, Inc.
- Single sponsors — Tracy and Kevin Brand, Rachel and Matthew Berke, Medical Center of Plano, Neiman Marcus, Strasburger & Price, LLP, Texas Colon Rectal Specialists, Clouse Dunn Inc., Locke Lord Bissell and Barry Buford Home Builders.
Photo credit: Kristina Bowman