This morning 18 North Texas non-profits woke up as very happy campers because yesterday they received early holiday gifts courtesy of Park Place Dealerships‘ Park Place Cares‘ Third Annual Season of Giving (aka World Kindness Day).
The presents in the form of checks were hand-delivered by Park Place Dealerships Members and totaled $100,000.
With more than 400 area charitable organizations applying, the selection of the 18 was made by Park Place members from its nine area dealerships based on their alignment with one of Park Place’s Four Pillars of Giving (i.e., education, medical research, advocacy or the arts).
With grants ranging from $2,500 to $10,000, the recipients include the following:
- Education – Academy 4 (Fort Worth), Primo’s (Dallas) and Vogel (Dallas)
- Medical – Mammogram Poster Girls (Dallas), Hope Center 4 Autism (Fort Worth) and Evan’s Avengers (Denton)
- Advocacy – Annie’s Place (Dallas), Camp Summit (Dallas), The Vitamin Bridge (Coppell), Carry The Load (Dallas), Airbourne Angel Cadets of Texas (Farmers Branch), Canine Companions (Irving), Community Caring Center (Azle), Heroes For Children (Plano), Children’s Advocacy Center for North Texas (Lewisville), Apollo Support and Rescue (Justin) and Ability Connection (Irving)
- Arts – Sixty and Better (Arlington)
According to Park Place Dealerships Managing Director Tony Carimi, “It was wonderful to learn about so many different non-profits who are doing great work across Dallas/Fort Worth. In addition to providing end of year grants, Park Place Members will be actively engaged in volunteering with these non-profits throughout 2024. It’s inspiring to see the impact our Members make in the community.”
This year’s distribution of funds brings the three-year total to $300,000.
* Graphic courtesy of Park Place Dealerships