According to Dallas Women’s Auxiliary Of The Salvation Army Of North Texas President Candace Winslow,
“In 1991, the servant hearts and leadership of 29 women launched the Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary. Today, this group of more than 375 members serves the Army and its clients through a variety of service and fundraising opportunities.
“The invitation to membership is open to all women who desire to serve others in fellowship, harmony and love. Our Auxiliary reflects an intergenerational membership in which members share experience, wisdom, and a dedication to helping those in need.
“To our current Auxiliary members, thank you for renewing your membership to ensure we can support the Army to the very best of our abilities. We have a wonderful year planned for 2023-24. What an opportunity to make a difference in the world in which we live by becoming a member of this caring, loving and inclusive organization.
“There are many committees that can help you find your passion and fuel it through projects throughout the year. Areas of opportunity include:
- “Focus on children and families when we fill backpacks with school supplies, stuff small gifts in our Christmas Santa Sacks, or provide a meal to women and children who are victims of domestic violence
- “Support those fighting addiction and serve cake at monthly sobriety celebrations
- “Support sobriety and provide birthday cakes to families celebrating monthly milestones in recovery
- “Embark on the spirit of Christmas and volunteer at the NorthPark Angel Tree, help with gift distribution at The Salvation Army Christmas and Disaster Center or ring a bell at an iconic Christmas red kettle
- “Sort inventory donated couture clothing and accessories for the annual Fashion Show and Luncheon or volunteer at the Fashion Show After Sale
“All of these projects make a difference while having fun and fellowship with others who value your time and support.
“And to each prospective member, we truly look forward to welcoming you to our Auxiliary as we work with the Army to do the most good in our community. If you are interested in joining the Dallas Women’s Auxiliary, fill out the online membership application or print and mail this form.