With the Fourth of July holiday in the rear-view mirror, the last half of 2023 non-profit fundraising is just around the corner. This time period is of vital importance for charities that are trying their best to build their resources, both with financial and volunteer wo/manpower for the year to come
To rally up and share the importance of these programs with people, businesses and foundations, the MySweetCharity MySweetOpportunity series will be kicking back into gear.
What opportunities are we talking about? What about tickets for a fundraiser? Is there a program in need of volunteers? How about recruiting new committee members? Is there a rescue group in need of supplies?
If you have such an opportunity, here are the requirements:
- A byline article in a Word format. No PDFs, please!
- The name of the organization and link to it
- Name of author (Non-paid volunteers are preferred over staffers, don’t you know!)
- The event or program and the link to it
- The date and location
- Chairs, honorary chairs, etc.
- Highlight(s) of the event
- Length: Make it as long or as short as you want. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500.
- We welcome photos/graphics/logos as long as they have IDs and are submitted in a JPEG format. Please no postage stamp-sized mugshots. Word to the wise: The better the photos, the better the readership.
Send them to [email protected] with “MSC Opportunity – <Name of Organization>” in the subject line (Example: “MSC Opportunity – The Monotone Song Club”). That way it won’t get trapped in the MSC black hole filter trap.
Thanks to a generous sponsor, the series is absolutely free, with “first emailed, first posted.” So, send them in.
P.S. — If you need examples of past MSC Opportunities, check ’em out here!
* Photo credit: Skeeter Hagler