While the past year may have put a spotlight on heroes who stepped up in the pandemic battle to provide healthcare, food, shelter and comfort, North Texas is no stranger to such selfless types. One group that has gained national recognition and become a pride of joy is Children’s Health. From the highly trained medical experts and researchers, compassionate volunteers, generous donors and advocates and unwavering families to resilient children, their goal is simple. It is to provide a healthy outcome.
Thanks to funding from both individuals and organizations, Children’s has been able to take advantage of the latest developments in pediatric health care.
That’s why on Wednesday, April 28, The Red Balloon League’s Cape Day presented by Bank of Texas will celebrate the superheroes who “help children tackle the tough stuff, from critical diseases to everyday illness” at Children’s Health.
While the League already has some pretty outstanding members, it’s encouraging more people to join the team. No, one doesn’t have to take flight from the top of a building nor wipe out an army of robots.
As Children’s Medical Center Foundation President Brent Christoper said, “Superpowers aren’t just for movie screens and comic books. The Red Balloon League brings real life superheroes together—from patients fighting illnesses and injuries, to everyone alongside them in the battles. We need you to grab your cape and join in!”
It actually simple to join the League with a number of options from which to pick:
- Fundraise as a team now through Wednesday, April 28. Not only can you designate where your team’s funds can go, there are resources to get your team up and going.
- Donate a cape. For every $20 donated a cape will be provided for a patient to wear on National Superhero Day. Just think. For $100 five youngsters will be able to proudly show their team spirit on the big day.
- Give Other Gifts. If you want to expand your generosity to include non-cash gifts like stocks, IRA charitable rollovers or through your DAF, you’ll also find there are financial benefits making you a team player — and your accountant very happy.
- Shop To Support. As a member of the team, you’ll receive The Red Balloon League Membership Card enabling you to shop at partner businesses and restaurants donating a portion of their sales back to Children’s Health. And if you’re at Klyde Warren Park on Cape Day, a portion of sales from the Park’s food trucks will benefit Children’s Health. And if you check out the Park’s banners, you just might see League members looking back.
- Use Your Will Power. To make sure that your legacy keeps supporting Children’s, there’s a free online will available for your consideration.
- Become a Sponsor. In addition of Presenting Sponsor Bank of Texas, Bioworld, Park Place Dealerships, Granite and Oxy have already signed up to support the League. Why not join this powerhouse of leaders in supporting the superheroes.
* Graphic courtesy of Children's Health