As the soggy bog formerly known as North Texas recovers from two torrential days of rain, the fundraisers didn’t let a little thing like flooded Love Field parking lots dampen their spirits. For instance, tonight Art Ball 2019 Form And Function Co-Chair Amanda Shufeldt in blue-and-white stripes was over at The Stoneleigh for the Cattle Baron’s Research Symposium. Gee, with the Dallas Museum of Art fundraiser just 48 hours away, don’t you think the CBB member could have gotten a pass from attending the symposium featuring Professor Melanie Cobb and Dr. Kenneth Westover?
But, no, she was not doing double duty supporting the American Cancer Society of North Texas team as well as promoting the DMA. In her hand was a tote labeled “Christian Dior” as in “Dior: From Paris to the World” that opens at the museum in May.
But on the QT, Amanda was also sharing news about the Saturday fun
draiser at the DMA. Like, for instance,
- First question: Do bidders have to be at the OMG gala to compete for the goodies?
- Answer: No. Amanda reported that folks who are floating on their bigger-than-a-football-field yachts can make arrangements with the DMA to have another person bid for them.
- Second question: Are there any tickets left?
- Answer: If you contact [email protected], they can tell you the magic words that get you into the party where there are folks who are works of art themselves.
- Third question: Do you have your heart set on any of the live auction items?
- Answer: Wait and see.
Now that you’re in the know, contact your BFF at DMA to bid or to get a place at the table and check back with MSC on whether Amanda strolled away with an auction item.