With the the annual Wilkinson Center fundraiser at the Dallas Country Club less that a month away, 2019 Can Do! Luncheon Chair Linda Secrest celebrated the underwriters and awardees on Tuesday, February 19, at Lisa and Clay Cooley‘s estate. Here’s a report from the field:
The Wilkinson Center’s Can Do! Luncheon Chair Linda Secrest was joined by patrons and supporters at a reception held in their honor on the evening of Tuesday, February 19, at the home of Lisa and Clay Cooley.
Upon arrival, guests like Les Secrest, Kathy and Larry Helm, Carolyn and David Miller, Deborah Ryan, Pam and Rick Karlos, Marian Richmond, Barbara and John Stuart, Jeanne Marie Clossey, Cheryl and Lynn Eskridge, Joan and Jeff Eleazer, Leslie and Bryan Diers, Nancy and Lowell Duncan, Mary Taylor, Dr. Jane Porter, Bruce Ware, Joyce Shoop, Tricia George, Cassandra and Bruce Byerly, Deborah Sutton, Christi Carter, Alicia Hall, Carlin Morris and Stephanie and Bob Goodwin mingled as they enjoyed cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. At the appointed time, Wilkinson Center’s Executive Director Anne Reeder and Linda Secrest gathered the crowd for brief remarks. After thanking gracious hosts Lisa and Clay Cooley, they also extended their gratitude to all in attendance for their support of the upcoming Monday, March 4th luncheon.
Reeder then recognized this year’s award recipients who include:
- Kathy and Larry Helm, Can Do! Couple Award, selected for their ongoing support of the Dallas non-profit community, most recently The Senior Source, a Wilkinson Center partner and
- The Junior League of Dallas, chosen for the entrepreneurial way the League serves the Dallas community by training generations of women leaders, many of whom have gone on to create influential nonprofit organizations; and
- Jesuit College Preparatory School, Kids Can Too! Award recipient, recognized for their many years of service to Wilkinson Center as weekly volunteers in the Food Pantry and participation in the Toy Drive.
She also thanked the sponsors of the awards, Carolyn and David Miller, Ellen and John McStay and Ashlee and Chris Kleinert.
In addition, she recognized underwriting chair Capera Ryan, as well as the many underwriters who have helped make the event possible including,
- $15,000+ — Ellen and John McStay/Morning Star Family Foundation, Kathy and Larry Helm, Ashlee and Chris Kleinert and Carolyn and David Miller;
- $5,000+ — Robyn and Don Conlon, Lisa and Clay Cooley, Kristi and Bill Francis, Emy Lou Baldridge and The Thomas Foundation;
- $2500 – $4,999 — Nancy Bierman; Kimberly Yamanouchi; Commercial Metals Company; Compatriot Capital; Highland Park United Methodist Church; Lisa Hewitt; The Junior League of Dallas; Helen LaKelly Hunt, Harville Hendrix and The Sister Fund; Charlotte Kimberlin; Kathryn Koons and John Ammons; Locke Lord LLP; Methodist Health System Foundation; PGIM Real Estate Finance; Nelda Cain Pickens; Marian Richmond; The Rosewood Corporation; Capera Ryan/Christie’s Auction House; Linda Secrest/Center Properties; Peggy and Carl Sewell/Sewell Automotive; Patty Shires; Nancy and Gene Carter and Margot Perot.
In closing, Anne Reeder encouraged all to attend the soon-to-be-sold out Can Do! Luncheon on Monday, March 4 at 11 a.m. at Dallas Country Club with all proceeds benefiting Wilkinson Center’s important programs and truly impact the lives of Dallas families by providing pathways to self-sufficiency with dignity and respect.
For information contact Wilkinson Center, 214.821.6380 or visit https://www.thewilkinsoncenter.org/event/can-do-luncheon-2019/.
* Photo credit: Melissa Macatee