As the spring fundraising season comes to a close and the queen bees fly away to the shores to develop tans and/or to the mountains to enjoy the breezes, the worker bees are still buzzing.
They’re preparing for the last push of 2018 fundraising events. And there is gonna be plenty of ‘em!
The good news is that MySweetCharity will be holding down the homefront keeping the MSC Calendar updated and sharing developments as they happen.
And, of course, what would it be without the MySweetCharity Opportunities series. If you have an “opportunity” that might interest others to support and/or join, why not submit it? It’s easy, free and available now for submission. Here’s what’s required:
- The name of the organization and link to it
- Name of author (Non-paid volunteers are preferred over staffers, don’t you know!)
- The event and link to it
- The date and location
- Chairs, honorary chairs, etc.
- Highlight(s) of the event
- Length: Make it as long or as short as you want. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500 words.
- If you want to send photos with IDs/graphics/logos, you’ll need to submit them in a JPEG format. Word to the wise: The better the photos, the better the readership.
It’s a first-come, first-post offering, so get ‘em in ASAP. Send them to [email protected] with “MSC Opportunity – <Name of Organization>” in the subject line (Example: “MSC Opportunity – Caterpillar Shoe Drive”). That way it won’t get trapped in the MSC black hole filter trap.
The series will start in mid-July and end August 31, so hustle and get your opportunity in.