KidneyTexas President Andrea Alcorn looked relieved Tuesday night at Tootsies. She revealed that thanks to the KidneyTexas committee efforts especially the Runway Report Luncheon chaired by Christine Martin and Susan Russell, they had met their goal — $144,639.
Then she played Santa doling out the following checks:
- Baylor Health Care System Foundation: $30,000 for five year study of kidney transplants;
- Camp Reynal: $19,500;
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation: $20,500 for hemodialysis and blood pressure machines;
- Parkland Foundation: $30,500 for kidney dialysis Unit;
- Texas Health Resources Foundation: $14,214 for hemodialysis machine; and
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: $29,925 for kidney related research.