The Dallas Zoo folks snuck up on a lot of folks. Instead of waiting until August scorches the area, they’re holding the infamous Dollar Day! this Thursday. That’s a $14 saving for adults and a $11 saving for youths and seniors.
Not only is admission going to be a dollar, but the following will be available for a buck each:
- selected snack items (canned drinks, water, hot dogs and chips)
- nectar to feed the lorikeets
- bird food at the Travis and Zach’s Birds Landing
And if you want to splurge and look like a big spender, here are some other bargains for this one-day-only special:
- $2 T-Rex Express mini-train
- $5 Wilds of Africa Adventure Safari monorail
- $5 giraffe feedings (and, yes, the giraffes do have long black tongues)
Since parking is going to be $8 and traffic is expected to be limited, try out the DART Red Line.
BTW, prepare yourself for the Simmons Hippo Outpost. These two are more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.
BTW, don’t forget the sunscreen, sunglasses and cameras.