As North Texas braced for another onslaught of rain, thunder, lighting and hail on Tuesday, March 29, the jammed crowd at Del Frisco’s bar could have cared less. But beyond the boys at the bar, the Children’s Cancer Fund patrons were having their special space and time in a private room at the back of the steakhouse.
Near the check-in, Anne Davidson was being thanked by An Evening in Oz Co-Chairs Lisa Cooley and Giora Barker for stepping up and being the presenting sponsor. Andre Vorster was chatting with Diane and Nick DiGiuseppe, CCF Treasurer Ashley Leete, Reed Kitchell, CCF Board President Dr. Karen McClard, Marlene and Dr. Richard Marks and Richard Eiseman.
But the topic making the rounds was the collection of live auction items that would be on the bloc for the Friday, April 22nd, fundraiser for Children’s Cancer Fund at the Hilton Anatole. In addition to a super-duper 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlisted Sport 4×4 being raffled off, the following goodies will be up for bidding:
- The Ultimate Dallas Cowboys Experience — In addition to two seats on the Dallas Cowboys team charter plane for an away game during the 2016-2017 regular season, the winner will take home a team jersey signed by quarterback Tony Romo, a football signed by the team, a Cowboys helmet signed by Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach and Jason Witten and a custom Cowboys-themed bike provided by the Villy Custom designers.
- Hold Your Horses! — Experience the 2017 Kentucky Derby like the locals only dream of. This package includes four days and three nights of accommodations in Lexington and a Friday tour of a horse farm. The day of the big “run for the roses,” the winner will preview the day’s races with a professional handicapper and then watch the race from the first-floor Grandstand. For air transportation, American Airlines is providing two 25,000 AAdvantage miles certificates.
- Wine and Dine at Del Frisco’s — For an evening out on the town, Del Frisco’s Steakhouse is always a hit. But for this winner, it will be tailor made thanks to Chef David Holben, who prepared a menu for 12 complete with a wine paring for each course.
- Dancing With…The Bachelor — The Bachelor’s Jake Pavelka knows his way around Dancing With The Stars from his stint on the dance floor during Season 10. The winner of this package and a guest will have roundtrip airfare thanks to two 25,000 AAdvantage Miles certificates to Los Angeles for Jake to take them on a backstage visit with the dancing celebs. Then the twosome will have seats up “close to the action” when the evening’s competition gets underway.
- An Evening in Oz Custom Painting — A true one-of-a-kind painting that personifies the magic of the Oz-theme evening has been created by children participating in the Gala fashion for the first time with the support of ever-popular artist Christopher H. Martin.
- Brazilian Barbecue Bonanza — Instead of eating out, bring the party home with Texas de Brazil Director of Culinary Evandro Caregnato preparing a Brazilian barbecue meal completed with wine for 20. In addition to whipping up the meal, Evandro will share his recipe for the Brazilian signature cocktail, the Caipirinha. But there’s still more! GoVision will provide a 9’x16’ mobile LED screen to watch your favorite movie, sporting event or whatever. And since the screen is weather proof and 100% daylight visible, it’s ideal for outdoor watching anytime of the day.
- Crazy for Cabo — Get away from it all with a passel of you friends by escaping to Cabo for a one-week stay in a Las Mananitas condo. Since the residence can accommodate eight thanks to two master bedrooms with king beds, one guest bedroom with a queen bed and a spare trundle bed plus three bathrooms, it will provide the perfect place to call home while taking in the sights and sounds of the resort town. To provide transportation, American Airlines is providing two 60,000-AAdvantage-mile certificates.