Because North Texans love movies, whether they’re made here or just shown in luxury theaters, the Academy Awards are like the Super Bowl for film-anistas.
At the recent Dallas Uncorked at Veritas, big screen expert Gary Cogill shared some of his predictions. Here they are:
- Best Picture: Will be “Spotlight” or “The Revenant,” but Gary is leaning toward “The Revenant.”
- Best Actress: Brie Larson in “Room.”
- Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio in “The Revenant.” Gary says, “Hands-down” on this one.
- Best Supporting Actress: Tough pick but he thinks Kate Winslet in “Steve Jobs.”
- Best Supporting Actor: Sylvester Stallone in “Creed.”
- Best Director: “The Revenant”’s Alejandro G. Inarritu.
- Best Original Screenplay: “Spotlight.”
- Best-Adapted Screenplay: “The Big Short.”
How does that match up with your picks?