The nominations are in and the Business Council for the Arts 2023 Obelisk Awardees have been announced.
2023 Obelisk Award Luncheon Co-Chairs Rachael and Evan Singer and Honorary Co-Chairs Nancy A. Nasher and David J. Haemisegger have revealed the following recipients and those who nominated them:
- Legacy Award – Robyn Flatt nominated by Lynn Fisher of The Rosewood Foundation
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mary Brinegar nominated by Patricia B. Meadows
- Visionary Non-Profit Arts Leader – Gayle Halperin nominated by Missy Shofner of the Chamberlain Ballet
- Arts Education – Genesis Inspiration Foundation nominated by Zenetta Drew of Dallas Black Dance
- Arts Partnerships – Theatre Goldmark Cultural Center nominated by Armando Sebastian, Artist
- Business Champion for the Arts – Cece Smith nominated by Kim Noltemy of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Distinguished Cultural Organization – Dallas Holocaust and Human Rights Museum nominated by Ike Brown of NFI Industries
- New Initiatives (Small) – Cabaniss Management and Kessler Presents nominated by Ron Gard of Lake Emma Enterprises
- New Initiatives (Large) – Virgin Hotels Dallas nominated by Beth Wilbins of the Dallas Film Society
- Outstanding Leadership Arts Alumnus – Raymond Rowell nominated by Matt Hardman of the University of North Texas College of Music
The awards will be presented on Thursday, November 9, at the JW Marriott Dallas Arts District.
The 2023 Obelisk Luncheon sponsors include the following:
- Presenting Sponsors – Nancy A. Nasher and David J. Haemisegger.
- The Connoisseur Sponsor – Oncor Electric Delivery.
- The Collector Sponsor – The Neiman Marcus Group.
- The Hospitality Sponsor – The JW Marriott Dallas Arts District.
- Aficionado Sponsors – Aetna, American Airlines, Baker Botts LLP, Banowetz and Company, Bourland Octave Management LLC, CONNECTIVE Agency, Corgan, Fisher and Phillips LLP, Frost Bank, Grant Thornton, Harwood International and the Ann and Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum: The Samurai Collection, Haynes Boone, Holland and Knight LLP Foundation, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP, Jackson Walker LLP, Jones Day, Local Profile, Parkland Health, PepsiCo, PZP BizConnect, RealPage Inc., Simmons Bank, Southern Methodist University, The Beck Group, The Hall Group, The University of Texas at Dallas, Tolleson Wealth Management, The University of North Texas, UT Southwestern Medical Center, the McGrath Family Charitable Fund and Vinson and Elkins LLP.
Additional support underwritten by Capital One.
* Graphic/photo provided by Business Council for the Arts