According to Turtle Creek Conservancy President Tiffany Divis,
“Dallas is ever growing and the “landscape” continues to evolve. But, amidst new projects, steel being erected and concrete being poured, there is a green space tucked into one of Dallas’ most beautiful and historic neighborhoods.
“Turtle Creek Park is an oasis that belongs to everyone. Having worked with the organization for a year, I now fully understand what must be done to restore and rejuvenate this incredible asset.
“This 20-acre park is a refuge from city life that has been protected and preserved for decades, all so that the people of our city have a place to stretch their legs, play, contemplate and celebrate. The group of dedicated citizens who consider it their privilege to care for this park is the Turtle Creek Conservancy.
“The impact of this gem is easily translated into number that speak tell a great story:
- “20 acres of green park space
- “129 years of preserved history
- “12,000 residents within a 10-minute walk
- “22,297 vehicles pass the park daily on Turtle Creek Boulevard
- “62% increase in visitors to the park over an eight-year period
- “$8 million-plus in private dollars invested in this urban gem
“My wish this holiday season is that residents from all areas of the city recognize, enjoy and embrace Turtle Creek Park and the surrounding area. We are working diligently to make certain its legacy is pristine.
“Please help us to fulfill my holiday wish by visiting turtlecreekconservancy.org .”