With the 2022 AWARE Affair’s “Soaring to New Heights Fighting Alzheimer’s” taking place this Friday at Star Skyline Hangar at the Braniff Centre, AWARE Dallas President Karisti Julia, Event Chair Sharon Ballew and Co-Chair Mari Epperson have sent word that the silent auction is already available online here.
In addition to an evening of cocktailing, dining and bidding, the Amy Osler Spirit of Education Leadership Award will be presented to Dr. Cindy Marshall, and Myrna Schlegel will be honored with the Founder’s Spirit Award.
Established in 1989, AWARE Dallas has a mission to “fight Alzheimer’s disease by providing funding and support to programs, projects and research provided by non-profit organizations that actively help individuals affected by Alzheimer’s in Dallas and the greater North Texas area.”
AWARE Affair sponsors include
- Presenting Sponsor: William C. Seanor
- Decor: Sally and Forrest Hoglund
- Iris sponsor Hall Arts Hotel
- Plum sponsors: Anonymous, Stacey J. and Charles A. Angel Jr., Sharon and Maurice Ballew, Kay and Will Beecherl, Mari and Don Epperson, Jane and Mark Gibson, Caroline Wilson and Charles Koetting, Gail Plummer in memory of Bill Plummer, Venise and Lawrence D. Stuart, Jr., Sharon and Bob Walker in memory of Everett Yoakum and the Schlegel Horizon Foundation
- Entertainment: Concorde Companies
- Signage: Jolie and Bart Humphrey in honor of Mari Epperson and Sharon Ballew.
- Photo Booth: The Rosewood Corporation
- Charging Station: Karen and Mark Carney in memory of Del McCarthy
- Favors: Carole Ann and Dick Brown
- Grant Education Presentation: ACADIA
Funds raised from the event will benefit Baylor Scott and White Foundation, CASA DE VIDA, Center for Brain Health at UT Dallas, Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Society, Dallas Museum of Art, Educare, For Love and Art, Jewish Family Service, Juliette Fowler Communities, Plano Symphony Orchestra, Stomping Ground Comedy, The Senior Source, Texas Winds Musical Outreach, The Meadows Museum at Southern Methodist University, The University of Texas Foundation for the Callier Center, the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Visiting Nurses Association of Texas, Wilshire Baptist Church, and the Myrna D. Schlegel AWARE Scholarship Fund.
*Photo credit: Dana Driensky