As the new year approaches, this post is the one that conjures up unique senses of grief for whom has been lost and gratitude for their being a part of North Texas. Some people were those that we’ve only known from afar; others were near and dear. Some were well-known public personalities; others preferred to stand in the wings.
But this year’s turning of the calendar seems to be more profound than others due to the remarkable number of people who will no longer walk among us but will live through generations thanks to their generosity of time, leadership and philanthropy.
While we regret that MySweetCharity could not have shone a light on all the people whose lives ended during this trying year, we sadly reflect on the following:
- Ken Altshuler (January 6)
- Alicia Landry (January 21)
- Margaret Jonsson Charlton Rogers (January 25)
- Barbara Varel (January 29)
- Helga Feldman (March 31)
- Jocelyn White (April 16)
- Ron Chapman (April 26)
- Dee Collins Torbert (June 13)
- Mary Anne Sammons Cree (July 21)
- Louise Eiseman (August 9)
- Cary Maguire (August 10)
- Sarah “Gigi” Potter Salley (August 24)