As the more than life-size toy soldiers marched in place in the lower level between NorthPark’s Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom last night, the Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer crowd including WOKC Founder Cindy Brinker Simmons, Guild President-Elect Connie Yates, her sister Marilyn Ellis, Tammy Harkins, Mary Dowling, Karee Sampson, Regina Bruce, Carla Russo, WOKC Board Chair John Dankovchik and WOKC CEO Aashik Khakoo were checking out the exhibition of Warrior Portraits.
The towers with portraits of children battling cancer were true shopper stoppers as folks read about the youngsters who have been valiant “warriors” in the battle against cancer.
Highlighting the debut of the exhibition was the presentation of checks in the NM Zodiac Room from WOKC to support the following institutions and experts in the battle against pediatric cancer:
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: $67,500: Erin Butler, MD
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation: $25,000: Matthew Campbell, MD, and Kenneth Chen, MD
- Children’s Medical Center Foundation: $75,000: Kathryn Dickerson, MD
- Cook Children’s Health Foundation: $12,500: Meaghan Granger, MD, and Holly Pacenta, MD
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: $70,000: Shaheen Khan, Ph.D.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: $56,250: Andrew Y. Koh, MD
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: $68,226: Kiran Kumar, MD
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center: $100,000: Soheil Meshinchi, MD, Ph.D.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center: $35,848: Stephen X. Skapek, MD.
The exhibition will be in place for free viewing through Sunday, November 21.