Last year, we put our toe in the water for holiday toy drives. As a result, Santa sent the sweetest note saying that it really helped him, Mrs. Claus and the elves in making wishes come true. In closing he asked whether MSC couldn’t run it again. Well, who could say “No” to a cute man with a white beard and a herd of reindeer?
So, to stay on Santa “good list,” MSC is going to run the “MySweetToyDrive” series featuring articles by North Texas 501 (c) 3 nonprofits about their toy drives until Friday, December 10. While the deadline for receiving articles is Tuesday, November 30, they’ll be posted on a first-come, first-post basis.
Ah, but there is a catch… no, make that more than one catch. It must be a first-person write-up by a staffer or volunteer, including the following:
- The name of the author and their role in the nonprofit
- The name of the organization
- What is the goal of the toy drive?
- Where can people drop off toys?
- Should the gifts come unwrapped?
- Will donations be accepted? If so, how can people donate?
- How long has your organization been holding toy drives?
- What is the deadline to drop off toys?
- Give a little information about the kids who will be receiving the gifts.
Also include in your email:
- The organization’s logo in JPEG format and/or photo of author
- The organization’s website
Send the materials to [email protected], please put the “MySweetToyDrive for [the organization’s name]” (Example: MySweetToyDrive for Good Munchkins) in the subject line. If you don’t, the infamous MySweetCharity filters will probably send your submission into the great unknown.