According to The Crystal Charity Ball Chair Leslie Diers,
“Since 1952, Crystal Charity has been a driving force for positive change in the lives of children in Dallas County. Despite the unique challenges of this past year, our mission remains unchanged: to offer hope to underserved children in our community by funding projects in a variety of areas, including health, education, social services and the arts.
“Loyal partnerships with generous individuals, corporations and foundations have made it possible for Crystal Charity to provide significant financial support to more than 150 non-profits in Dallas since our inception.
“After a diligent four-month research process of more than 40 applicants, our membership selected the following eight agencies as the 2021 beneficiaries:
- “Baylor Scott And White Dallas Foundation’s Tiniest Texans
- “Café Momentum’s Internship Program in the COVID-19 Era
- “Dallas CASA’s Advocacy for Teens in Foster Care
- “Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center’s DCAC Core Programs
- “Dallas Symphony Association Inc.’s Southern Dallas Residency Youth Education
- “Network of Community Ministries’ Mobile Pantry and Classroom Food Supply Program Expansion
- “Phoenix House Texas’ Substance Use and Mental Health Treatment Services
- “Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children’s Boundless Centennial Campaign – Day Surgery Renovation
“Crystal Charity is honored to work with each of these agencies and deeply values their daily commitment to meeting the most critical needs of children in Dallas County. As we move toward the final phase of our fund-raising campaign, we hope you will consider joining us to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the children that will be touched by these projects. Visit www.crystalcharityball.org for sponsorship or underwriting opportunities.”