Back in 1986, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed that November 15 would be National Philanthropy Day to “encourage the celebration of donors (individuals, foundations and corporations), volunteers and leaders who build better communities.” This year, the Greater Dallas Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals is extending the celebration a little longer. They’re not only holding their 36th Annual Celebration of National Philanthropy Day on Tuesday, November 16, at the Hyatt Regency Dallas, they’ve decided that instead of the traditional luncheon, they’ll have a cocktail reception to toast the 2021 honorees, which have just been announced.
This year’s crop of area non-profits, volunteers, philanthropists and companies that will be honored include the following:
- 2021 Outstanding Philanthropist — Kaleta Doolin nominated by Annen Consulting
- 2021 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Gail Madden nominated by YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas
- 2021 Outstanding Fundraising Executive — Jan Murfield, CFRE, nominated by Deborah Montonen, CFRE
- 2021 Outstanding Foundation — Marilyn Augur Family Foundation nominated by the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden
- 2021 Outstanding Corporation — Austin Industries nominated by Texas Health Resources Foundation
- 2021 Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy — Paisley Elliott nominated by Skystone Partners
The VIP champagne reception for honorees and sponsors starts at 4 p.m., with the “celebration and cocktail reception” getting underway at 5 p.m. Tickets and sponsorships are available to celebrate philanthropy in North Texas.