It’s just never too early to start getting those creative juices churning when it comes to raising money. That’s why 2022 Crystal Charity Ball Chair Susan Farris and 2022 CCB Charity Selection Chair Suzy Gekiere have already set into motion plans for Dallas County children’s non-profits to prepare for the annual selection process.
To start with, the charities that will be eligible for consideration are required to:
- serve children 18 or younger in Dallas County;
- have had a 501 (c) 3 designation for at least three years;
- have provided services in Dallas for at least three years and
- have governance and control of funds in Dallas County
After meeting those requirements, the following schedule has already been set up:
- Wednesday, September 1 – Applications are available online
- Tuesday, September 28 – Brief prospective application orientation at Communities Foundation of Texas
- Friday, October 15 – All applications must be mailed or hand-delivered to CCB offices by noon.
- Thursday, February 3 — 2022 CCB beneficiaries are selected.
If you’ve never applied for a grant, don’t hesitate. At least attend the orientation meeting and get the tips on how to become one of the lucky recipients. You would be surprised how many first-timers are bowled over when they are notified that they were selected.