Reports have been bleak about the progress of education among students during the past year. Despite teachers’ best efforts to hold virtual classrooms, they still needed to be in classrooms with their students.
That is why the coming fall school season is vital for teachers to have all the resources possible to bring their students back into classrooms. Unfortunately, all too often teachers themselves are forced to provide such necessities as paper, pencils and other supplies.
In the next six weeks there are a number of programs getting underway to provide those materials for classrooms. To help support these efforts, MySweetCharity is holding the MySweetSchoolDaze series for efforts benefiting a North Texas school. While we realize that there are a lot of individuals hosting efforts, the series is limited to non-profits and foundations.
The following requirements are necessary for consideration:
- A byline article describing the drive and why it is necessary
- Author of the article and their connection with the school
- Name of the school and/or district
- What grade classification is the target
- How many students are to benefit
- Deadline for providing support
- How people can support project (i.e., Amazon Wish List, deliver of supplies, donations, etc.)
- What type of items are needed
- Length: Make it as long or as short as you want and provide it in a Word document. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500 words.
- Photos/graphics/logos are encouraged as long as they have IDs and are submitted in a JPEG format. Please no postage stamp-sized mugshots. Word to the wise: The better the photos, the better the readership.
Send them to [email protected] with “MSC School Daze – <Name of School>” in the subject line (Example: “MySweetSchoolDaze – Captain Kangaroo Elementary School”).