Looking at the upcoming fall and winter MySweetCharity Calendar, it’s pretty obvious that North Texas non-profits are ramping up in high gear to make up for lost time due to the pandemic protocol. From September through mid-November, North Texas fundraising is going to be as busy as a frog at a princess convention!
Adding to the mix is the fact that folks are hungry to get back in the swing of in-person get-togethers during the final quarters of the year.
To help spread the word about what organizations and activities are eager for participation and support, the MySweetCharity Opportunity series will return starting Wednesday and run through August.
And speaking of support, the “friends of North Texas area non-profits” have signed up to sponsor the series with the goal of getting more people involved in making the community better and stronger. The sponsor(s) have absolutely no involvement in the selection of the posts nor what is written.
If you have an “opportunity” that might interest others to support and/or join, why not submit a bylined article?
It’s easy, it’s free, and it’s available now for submission. Here’s what’s required:
- The name of the organization and link to it
- Name of author (Non-paid volunteers are preferred over staffers, don’t you know!)
- The event or program and link to it
- The date and location
- Chairs, honorary chairs, etc.
- Highlight(s) of the event
- Length: Make it as long or as short as you want. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500 words.
- We welcome photos/graphics/logos as long as they have IDs and are submitted in a JPEG format. Please no postage stamp-sized mugshots. Word to the wise: The better the photos, the better the readership.
Send them to [email protected] with “MSC Opportunity – <Name of Organization>” in the subject line (Example: “MSC Opportunity – Zoomers In Recovery”). That way it won’t get trapped in the MSC black hole filter trap.
It will be “first emailed, first posted.” So, send them in. We’re rock ‘n’ and rolling to put the “fun” back in fundraising.
P.S. — If you need examples of past MSC Opportunities, check ’em out here!