Community Partners of Dallas always seems to land some memory maker for their Chick Lit Luncheon. Alas, last year’s Diane Keaton had to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To make up for it, the CPD-ers landed the gals who put the “fun” into fundraising to head up the 15th Annual Chick Lit Luncheon — Chair Claire Emanueslon, Honorary Chair Pat McEvoy and Underwriting Co-Chairs Hollee Hirzel and Erin Pope. This foursome plus presenting sponsors Lara and Dr. Robert Tafel managed to get Keaton’s pal to keynote the event on Friday, September 24, at the Hilton Anatole.
Who is it? Why not have some fun trying to figure it out? Here are some hints:
- Made her professional dancing debut in Can-Can at the Texas Pavilion of the New York World’s Fair.
- Warren Beatty used to do her hair.
- In her younger days, she was known for a high-pitched giggle, painted body in a bikini and the antithesis of North Texan Ruth Buzzi’s Gladys Ormphby.
- Won the 1970 Academy Award playing Walter Matthau’s suicidal fiancée.
- Went “overboard” for her co-star.
- She’s written two best-selling books, a memoir “A Lotus Grows in the Mud” in 2005 and “10 Mindful Minutes” in 2011.
- Her daughter was “almost famous”.
- In 2003 she created Mind Up for Life, a foundation to equip children with the social and emotional skills they need to lead smarter, healthier, happier and ultimately more productive lives.
For the answer… as if you haven’t already guessed… follow the jump.
Yup, you guessed it. The featured speaker on September 24 at the Anatole benefiting Community Partners of Dallas will be blonde entertainment star, author, mom, grandmom and philanthropist Goldie Hawn.
As CPD President/CEO Paige McDaniel said, “We cannot wait to see all of our friends and supporters in person for the 15th annual Chick Lit Luncheon. Our traditionally spring event will enjoy a one-time-only fall date, and what better way to celebrate than to have the inimitable Goldie Hawn as our featured speaker. Not only is Goldie beloved for her countless onscreen roles, she is also a tireless advocate for children, which aligns beautifully with CPD’s ongoing work on behalf of the abused and neglected children we serve.”
Have you got your gal pals together for your table? Don’t wait. This one is going to sell out quick.