With The Family Place’s 2021 ReuNight at the Nasher Sculpture Center less than a month away, Co-Chairs Kristen Sanger and Lisa Singleton are already ahead of schedule. With the limit on seating being 130, they’ve already got 100 guests with reservations. No, not hesitation type “reservations,” but rather places at the tables in the Center’s gorgeous sculpture garden. And what if it rains? No problem. The Center can handle the seated supper seamlessly.
As KJ and Lisa finalize the list of luxury auction packages that will go up for bid, today they addressed what is going to be served up tableside. Just before noon they met with their pal Daniella Giglio and The Family Place’s Development VP Melissa Sherrill and Development Manager Mary Catherine Benavides at Union Station to taste test Wolfgang Puck Catering’s proposed options for the dinner.
Meeting in The Great Hall that had been the scene of hundreds lunching, the five were led through the tasting by Wolfgang’s Catering Director in Texas Lauren Eck, who’s been with Wolfgang for nine years. Before the tasting got underway, Lauren reported that Wolfgang Puck Catering has now expanded its operation to Fort Worth with its own staff in place that will be handling The Modern at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.
It was a battle of tastebuds, but the winning items were:
Passed hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour
- Grilled truffle infused cheese with white truffle honey
- Spring pea and pecorino stuff arancini
- Crispy potato “Tacos” with shallot crème fraiche, caviar and chive
- Parmesan stuffed bacon wrapped dates
- Handmade ricotta gnudi with watercress pesto and lemon brown butter
- Roasted filet mignon an Shanghai lobster trail with Yukon gold potatoes, baby carrots and crispy and fresh aromatic sauce
- Chocolate hazelnut dome cake with dark chocolate mousse, hazelnut cream hazelnut dacquoise, hazelnut glaze, chocolate sauce and caramelized hazelnuts
While all will be paired with Hall wines, “that’s a conversation that’s just now happening,” according to Lauren.
If you’re already one of the ReuNighters, start your diets pronto because you’re going to be feasting on Thursday, May 13. If you didn’t get your reservation locked down in time, you’ll just have to pull out that TV table for your DoorDash dining.
Stay tuned for info on the live auction items.