With hat designers warming up their glue guns, they can finally get to work on their clients’ hats for this year’s Mad Hatter’s hat competition. 2021 Mad Hatter’s Chair Jolie Humphrey just revealed the judges and categories for this year’s “Out of Africa — Into the Garden” theme.
The announcement was made just minutes ago at Sundowner Cocktail Hour at Northwood Club for the Mad Hatter patrons.
The lineup of judges who will be picking the top toppers on Thursday, April 15, at the Dallas Arboretum include the following:
- Patti Flowers (Patti Flowers Design Studio) Karen Blixen Style: “Most Elegant & Romantic”
- Gregg Hudson (President and CEO, Dallas Zoo) Out of Africa: “Most “True to Theme”
- Giuliano Matarese (Executive Chef and partner in Fattoria Svetoni, a winery/luxury resort in Montepulciano) Sundowner Chic: “Cocktail Hour in Africa, Most Fascinating Fascinator”
- Kim Noltemy (President and CEO, Dallas Symphony Orchestra) African Floral Garden: “Best Botanical Using Fresh Florals”
- Ken Weber (Vintage Martini) Safari Riders: “Best Group in Hats”
- C’Mone Wingo (DPD, retired detective) African Queen: “Most “True to Africa”
- Nick Wingo (DPD, retired sergeant) Animal Instinct: “Most Outlandish! Go Wild!”
Remember that this year’s Women’s Council of the Arboretum’s fundraiser for A Woman’s Garden is going to be an afternoon soiree. But not to worry. The champagne will still be flowing in the Ginsburg Family Plaza from 1 to 2 p.m. for the judges to get a gander at the chapeaus before reaching their final decisions that will be revealed around 2 p.m. in A Tasteful Place.
Sponsorships, tickets and designer scarves are available here!
* Photo provided by Women's Council For The Dallas Arboretum