For those who had their sweet hearts set on attending the St. Valentine’s Day Luncheon and Fashion Show’s “Love In Bloom” this Thursday, take heart … literally. It’s gonna be a chilly appetizer of the weekend to come. The predictions are that Thursday’s high is gonna be 38 degrees.
But, oh thank heaven, the North Texas Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraiser Chair Melinda Knowles and her crew including Honorary Co-Chairs Louise and Guy Griffeth decided to make it a virtual event.
So, if you’re on board for the event, dress up in your cheeriest red outfit and settle back in front of your monitor or with your gal pals around a big screen to support and enjoy the fashion show featuring Highland Park Village merchants. Naturally, you’ll showcase your attendance on your fav social media outlet.
Besides the fashions and testimonials, the following folks will be recognized for their leadership in supporting research and treatments for blood cancer:
- The Lynda Adleta Heart of Gold Award — The Peggy and Carl Sewell family
- The Spirit of Tom Landry Award — Harrison Marcus
- Icon Award — Patsy Miller Donosky
- LLS Memorial Hero — the late Ross Perot Sr.
BTW, instead of having a raffle this year, Melinda opted for a silent auction with a couple of wow-er items.
* Graphic courtesy of St. Valentine's Day Luncheon and Fashion Show