2021 Mad Hatter’s Tea Out of Africa – Into The Garden Chair Jolie Humphrey and Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden President Kay Weeks haven’t exactly been on safari, but they’ve sent word from their journey for the Thursday, April 15, fundraiser that the categories are in place.
- Out of Africa: Most “True to Theme”
- Safari Riders: Best Group in Hats
- African Floral Garden: Best Botanical Using Fresh Florals
- Karen Blixen Style: Most Elegant & Romantic
- Sundowner Chic: “Cocktail Hour in Africa,” Most Fascinating Fascinator
- African Queen: Most “True to Africa”
- Animal Instinct: Most Outlandish! Go Wild!
Unlike years past, this year’s funfest will be an afternoon event with the champagne reception kicking off at 1:00 p.m. in the Scott K. Ginsburg Family Place. Then the action will move to A Tasteful Place Gardens with a seated tea in the gardens and a fashion promenade thanks to Tootsies.
Even though the event officially ends at 4 p.m., don’t you know that the guests will take full advantage of the Arboretum’s spring setting.
Jolie said, “This year is unlike any other year and we’ve created a wonderfully unique experience for our guests which follows all of the CDC guidelines and has some new surprises.”
Get those glue guns warmed up and don’t be “lion” around, because the event will be in-person and hat boasting will be at the top of the show-and-swell program. Word has it that Honorary Chair Carole Ann Brown is already charging ahead to top off the day with a topper.
P.S. – Sorry for all the puns. Blame it on COVID-19.
Tickets are available here.