Like so many the Junior Achievement of Dallas team has had to “re-imagine” its annual Dallas Business Hall of Fame from in-person pressing the flesh with area leaders to virtually getting together at a distance. As always the big draw besides raising funds for JAD is the newest class members of the Hall of Fame’s laureates. And even a nasty old thing like COVID-19 couldn’t diminish the prominence of the awardees and event chair. Besides, JAD has become an old hand at the virtual world by “prioritizing education and real-world readiness” since the pandemic began nearly a year ago.
On Thursday, February 25, starting at 6 p.m., Event Chair/2008 Hall Of Fame Laureate Lucy Billingsley, along with Co-Hosts 2016 JA Dallas Student of the Year Lauren Mora and JA volunteer Noble Madu, will celebrate Hall of Fame inductees entrepreneur Mark Cuban, Imprimis Group CEO Valerie Freeman and Parish Restaurants Ltd. President Roland Parrish.
The program will include the induction ceremony and the announcement of the 2021 JAD Student of the Year, along with a recap of JAD progress of the past year. On Wednesday, April 21, an in-person Laureate reception is scheduled to be held for sponsors.
Still another perk for Hall of Fame sponsorship is the JA Inspire Virtual career fair program starting on Friday March 5. Sponsors will be afforded the opportunity to “inspire the next generation to dream bigger and build their future workforce.”
A veteran of the JAD program, Lauren said, “JA Dallas never fails to amaze me on how it continues to adapt to any circumstance. JA is always trying to get new ideas out there along with the technology they have access to. They utilize these resources, throw on the best events and teach great business lessons to kids.”
Past recipients have included the following:
- 1999 – Robert H. Dedman Sr., Ebby Halliday and Herbert D. Kelleher
- 2000 – Ray L. Hunt, Liz Minyard and Carl Sewell Jr.
- 2001 – Norman Brinker, Trammell Crow and Erle Nye
- 2002 – Mary Kay Ash, Comer Cottrell and Caroline Rose Hunt
- 2003 – Robert Crandall, Joseph M. Haggar Jr., Ron Steinhart and John Stemmons
- 2004 – Dr. Kenneth H. Cooper, Stanley Marcus, Raymond D. Nasher and Jim L. Turner
- 2005 – Al Casey, Ross Perot Sr. and Roger Staubach
- 2006 – Tom Engibous, Jim Keyes and Phil Romano
- 2007 – Colleen Barrett, Thomas O. Hicks and T. Boone Pickens
- 2008 – Lucy Billingsley, Gerald J. Ford, J. Erik Jonsson and Michael H. Jordan
- 2009 – Garrett Boone, Kip Tindell, Richard W. Fisher, Walter J. Humann and Vin Prothro
- 2010 – Elaine B. Agather, Albert C. Black, Thomas M. Dunning and Stan Richards
- 2011 – Michael M. Boone, Jody Grant, Tom Leppert and Rodger R. Meier
- 2012 – Jack Lowe Jr., R. Gerald Turner and Trisha Wilson
- 2013 – Karen Katz, Bobby B. Lyle and Trevor Rees-Jones
- 2014 – Ralph W. Babb Jr., Randall L. Stephenson and John C. Tolleson
- 2015 – Joel T. Allison, Louis A. Beecherl Jr., Doug Brooks and David B. Miller
- 2016 – Craig Hall, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison, Ambassador Ron Kirk and Rich Templeton
- 2017 – Gary Kelly, Pam Patsley and Ross Perot Jr.
- 2018 – Nancy A. Nasher, Robert Rowling and Herb Weitzman
- 2019 – Edwin L. Cox, John C. Goff and Mitch Hart III
- 2020 – Melissa Reiff, John Field Scovell and Kelcy L. Warren
For information on Junior Achievement of Dallas Business Hall of Fame sponsorships, check here!
* Photo provided by Junior Achievement of Dallas