With the daily report of Tuesday’s COVID-10 cases in Dallas County passing 3,500, the 2021 St. Valentine’s Day Luncheon team headed by Chair Melinda Knowles decided to join the rest of the spring North Texas fundraisers and go virtual.
Not to worry, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of North Texas will still have a marvelous collection of fashions from Highland Park Village on the runway. Only the models won’t be at the Meyerson. They’ll be on screens throughout the universe.
According to Melinda, “While we are disappointed that we will not be able to celebrate this year’s luncheon and fashion show in person with our donors and supporters, our team is working hard to ensure that the virtual version of ‘Love in Bloom’ will be equally as exciting. Attendees will still be able to enjoy an unforgettable style show produced by Jan Strimple and featuring fashions from Highland Park Village, including Carolina Herrera, Alice and Olivia, The Conservatory, Veronica Beard, Roller Rabbit, Lela Rose and just announced Market, in addition to other special planned elements.”
Louise and Guy Griffeth will still be on board as the honorary chairs along with the following awardees:
- Lynda Adleta Heart of Gold — The Peggy and Carl Sewell Family, for their tireless commitment to the mission of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- The Spirit of Tom Landry Award — Harrison Marcus, a very courageous nine-year-old who just finished the third grade this summer after completing treatment for leukemia
- Icon Award — Patsy Miller Donosky, community philanthropist and cancer survivor
- LLS Memorial Hero — the late Ross Perot Sr., titan of business, global philanthropy and a former U.S. presidential candidate
Melinda added, “We are so grateful to our event leadership, host committee, sponsors and donors for their commitment to not only the St. Valentine’s Day Luncheon, but more importantly to The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and their mission to find a cure for blood cancers. Cancer is not canceled and blood cancer patients need us more than ever!”
* Graphic provided by Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of North Texas