Have we got an offer for toy drivers! Normally, MySweetCharity does not run posts about holiday toy drives. This time of year there are just too many of them, don’t you know? But Santa sent word that he really could use some help this year since these are not normal times. As he put it, “There are way too many youngsters who have mustered through the past year wearing masks, social distancing, putting up with agitated parents, remotely schooling and just plain not being able to be kids.”
For this reason, MSC is going to run the “MySweetToyDrive” series featuring articles by North Texas 501 (c) 3 nonprofits about their toy drives until Friday, December 4. While the deadline for receiving articles is Friday, November 27, they’ll be posted on a first-come, first-post basis.
Ah, but there is a catch… no, make that more than one catch. It must be a first-person write-up by a staffer or volunteer, including the following:
- The name of the author and their role in the nonprofit
- The name of the organization
- What is the goal of the toy drive?
- Where can people drop off toys?
- Will donations be accepted? If so, how can people donate?
- How long has your organization been holding toy drives?
- Give a little information about the kids who will be receiving the gifts.
Also include in your email:
- The organization’s logo in JPEG format and/or photo of author
- The organization’s website
Send the materials to [email protected], please put the “MySweetToyDrive for [the organization’s name]” (Example: MySweetToyDrive for Young Whipsnappers) in the subject line. If you don’t, the infamous MySweetCharity filters will probably send your submission into the great unknown.
Hope you’ll help ramp up Santa’s efforts to fill wishes.