The recent COVID-19 cases have been rising and falling and rising like a hyper cheerleader since September started. But most folks are too busy trying to adjust to the new world of education. Pity the parents who are having to make the Solomon decision on how to school their youngster(s) and/or whether extra-curricular activities are all systems go or no-go.
In the meantime, the North Texas nonprofits have been leaning toward the “better-safe-than-sorry” side with moves to a virtual world or 2021.
Here is the latest report on “adjustments” to the originally planned activities:
- Crystal Charity Ball Platinum Dinner scheduled for Thursday, October 8
- Crystal Charity Ball Ten Best Dressed Fashion Show and Luncheon Cocktail Party scheduled for Wednesday, October 21
- Crystal Charity Ball Ten Best Dressed Fashion Show and Luncheon scheduled for Thursday, October 22
- NCJW Dallas‘ Opening Meeting: Why Are They So Angry? Scheduled for Thursday, September 14
- Turtle Creek Association‘s 19th Annual Turtle Creek Tour of Homes scheduled for Saturday, October 10
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Dallas Chapter‘s 35th Annual National Philanthropy Day scheduled for Friday, November 13
Postponed Until 2021
While everyone is pretty worn out from using those credit cards for the recent North Texas Giving Day, there are still nonprofits that have their fundraising fingers crossed that you might find some change to support them. This is especially true for those with 2020 goals that hadn’t worked in the pandemic. They could really use some philanthropic love right now.