KidneyTexas’ 21st Annual Runway Report is in the final stages of virtually taking off at 11 a.m.on Tuesday, September 22, at North Texas homes and businesses. KidneyTexas President Sandy Secor and Luncheon Chair Sharon Ballew along with Honorary Chair Jolie Humphrey have just sent word on this year’s awardees and final details for the fundraiser.
Receiving the Sue Goodnight Service Award will be Lorraine Meenan and Mary Miller, while Methodist Health System Surgical Director of Kidney and Pancreas Transplant, General and Vascular Surgery Dr. Richard Dickerman will be honored with the Everson Walls Legacy Award.
In addition to emcee Scott Murray presenting the awards, the fashion show featuring Tootsies’ goodies is being produced by Jan Strimple and will be streamed for guests. Understand that Jan’s makeup wizard Devon from Stila is doing the models’ makeup.
This year’s raffle is tailor-made for current pandemic treasures with each of the nine winners receiving their own container holding the following:
- 50 pairs disposable powder-free, latex-free, soft industrial gloves
- 50 Disposable 3 ply masks
- 1 container of hard-to-find Clorox disinfecting wipes
- 10 oz. hand sanitizer with aloe
- 1 bottle of champagne (to celebrate when we have a vaccine)
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 1 small box of emergency chocolate
- $50 Tootsies gift card
- $50 gift card for your favorite curbside restaurant
Raffle tickets are going for $25 each or five for $100.
This year’s beneficiaries include Camp Reynal of the National Kidney Foundation, Texas Health Resources Foundation and Methodist Health System Foundation.
Sorry to report that the deadline for the delivery of the three-course lunches has passed. However, tickets for the view-only are still available for the show for $100 each.
* Photo credit: Danny Campbell ** Graphic and photo provided by KidneyTexas Inc.