Things are looking up. In addition to the outdoor temperatures rising, Dallas CASA’s 25th Annual Parade of Playhouses is officially marching in place starting Friday in air conditioning. In a break from the usual display of all the mini-mansions at NorthPark Center, this year three have hunkered down at the enclosed mall from the Macy’s Court to the NorthCourt. Seven others are sheltering-in-place online for viewing.
But the trio on display are more than fetching. They’re unbelievable! Here’s a sneak peak of the trio.
- LRO Residential has created “Summer House” with a metal roof, glass-paned windows and door and copper flower boxes around the wood house.
- The Crest Auto Group’s SpaceX is truly something out of this world with its space capsule, space helmets, rock wall and ladder leading up to the roof for stargazing through a telescope.
- The Dallas Mavericks/DPR’s “Bolthouse” is a basketball lover’s idea of the perfect playhouse. The front of the house’s walls open to a locker room complete with shelves and drawers, plus a basketball hoop that can be raised for practice.
It’s a great opportunity to get out of the house with the munchkins, since NorthPark is probably one of the safest places around. From the entry doors to the escalator railings, everything is being wiped clean by NorthPark staffers, and masks are required for entry. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re even sanitizing the parking spaces.
For those folks who don’t want to venture out, not to worry. All ten including the remaining seven (Harvest House with rainwater cistern and working solar panel designed by Kimley-Horn and built by Balfour Beatty and Harmon; Austin Commercial, Corgan and KDC’s mini-Parkland Memorial Hospital with rooftop deck; The Beck Group’s Two x Four; Jeff and Jordan Kindig’s Alaskan Adventure; Brasfield and Gorrie LLC/HKS/Wood Haus Inc.’s My Playce; Structure Tone SW/Gensler/Lasco’s Roam The Sea and Holder Construction/Duda Paine Architects’ Skybox) can be found online for viewing starting Friday.
As for taking one of the cottages home, it will literally be luck of the draw, with raffle tickets going for $5 each or five for $20. Tickets can be purchased online.
In addition to the online raffle of the playhouses, a new offer has been added — a Playhouses Luxury Package valued at $1,500. The package includes:
- Weekend use of a luxury Cadillac or Infiniti vehicle (exclusions apply) from Crest Auto Group
- Dinner for two at Chamberlains Steak and Chop House
- Dallas Mavericks swingman jersey and photograph autographed by Kristaps Porziņģis
- $250 in NorthPark Gold
Anyone purchasing $500 worth of raffle tickets for any single or combination of playhouses in a single transaction or making a $500 donation to Dallas CASA is eligible for the drawing of the Luxury Package.
This year’s sponsors include:
- Presented by Crest Cadillac/ Crest Infiniti/Crest Volvo
- Parade Host —NorthPark Center
- Grand Marshal — KDC
- Castle — KDC and Pioneer Natural Resources
- Mansion — Kappa Alpha Theta Dallas Alumnae Chapter
- Villa — Bernbaum/Magadini Architects, Dallas Child and People Newspapers
The parade will finish its run on Sunday, July 26, so get online tomorrow or head over to NorthPark to find a dream house for your backyard.
* Photo provided by Dallas CASA