Since COVID-19 has dealt daunting blows throughout the world, the word “essential” has resulted in many debates on exactly what is necessary within the North Texas nonprofit world. For one person the theater is food for the heart and soul; for another a blood drive is crucial; for yet another the support of children in foster care is vital.
This time of year the MySweetCharity Opportunity series traditionally prepares to get underway. Starting Monday we’ll kick off the MySweetEssential series for nonprofits to tell folks why your organization is essential for your clients, your beneficiaries and your neighbors.
It’s simple to get your message out. Here are the requirements:
- The name of the organization
- Link to the organization’s website
- Name of author (Executive director or president)
- Photo of author
- Organization’s logo
- Topic: Tell why your organization is “essential” to the well-being for the present and future of North Texas. Explain how people can help whether it’s by funding, volunteering, etc. Please keep it positive and do not write in a way that might make other programs seem less important.
- Length: Make it as short or as long as you want. Hint: MSC readers usually prefer posts with word counts ranging from 250 to 500 words.
It’s a first-come, first-post offering, so get ’em in ASAP. Send them to [email protected] with “MSC Essential – <Name of Organization>” in the subject line (Example: “MSC Essential – Botox Anonymous”). That way it won’t get trapped in the world-famous MSC filter trap.
* Photo credit: Skeeter Hagler