Just days before COVID-19 started impacting area fundraisers, the American Heart Association of Dallas was carrying on with it 2020 Côtes Du Coeur pre-event activities. On Sunday, March 1, an invitation-only crowd gathered at the Sub-Zero, Wolf and Cove Showroom Cotes to hear Lead Chef Richard Chamberlain and some of the participating chefs announce their menus for the graze-athon originally scheduled for Saturday, April 18, at the Omni Dallas Hotel. Here’s a report from the field:
The American Heart Association welcomed chefs, donors and sponsors to the 2020 Côtes du Coeur Chef Announcement Party on Sunday, March 1, at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Showroom. Guests, including Côtes du Coeur Co-Chairs Jennifer and Mark Sanders, Lisa and Chef Richard Chamberlain, Chef Jim Severson, Chef Kent Rathbun, Hazel and John Clendening, Bridget Blaise-Shamai and Kerry and Dimitry Philipovitch, enjoyed food catered by Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House and Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill.
As guests viewed the awe-inspiring showroom, they enjoyed wine by Luna Vineyards and Whitehall Lane Winery and Vineyards, provided Intervine. During the evening, sponsored by American Airlines, Dr. Joshua Rutland, a cardiology fellow specializing in electrophysiology at Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular Hospital, spoke about the evolution of the pacemaker.
The 100+ guests in attendance received a sneak peek of two incredible experiences that will be a part of this year’s live auction, including an 8-night South African safari excursion and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to blend your own barrel of wine with this year’s Tête du Cuvee, Torii Mor Winery.
Lead Chef Richard Chamberlain shared the exquisite dishes that will be offered at Côtes du Coeur on April 18, 2020 at the Omni Dallas Hotel. For those who were not at the event, American Heart Association has provided the 2020 Center of Plate menu to feast your eyes on.
For more information on Dallas’ premiere fine wine and celebrity chef experience visit cotesducoeur.heart.org.
Follow the jump for a look at the participating chefs and their Center of Plate plans.
Follow the jump for the planned menus.
* Photo credit: Wayland Scogin Mayo
- Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House and Chamberlain’s Fish Market Grill will serve Truffle Honey Roast Duck Breast with Local Mushroom, Purple Yam, Bacon and Barley Risotto-Porcini Cherry Reduction paired with Torii Mor Pinot Noir and 2014 Palmaz Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Allergens: Dairy & Gluten)
- Kent Rathbun of imoto will serve Little Sisters Black Dragon Roll and Hampton Water Rose paired with DuMol Pinot Noir
- Jim Severson of Sevy’s Grill will serve Fresh Georges Bank Jumbo Sea Scallops, Seared to Order, Cauliflower Risotto, Caper Golden Raisin Emulsion and Micro Greens paired with 2018 Clarice Rosella’s Vineyard Pinot Noir of Cornell Vineyards (Allergens: Gluten-free)
- John Tesar of Knife will serve 44 Farms 60-Day Dry Aged Salt Crusted Rib Eyes Tallow and Bone Marrow Risotto and Chimichurri paired with 2017 VHR Cabernet Sauvignon of Barnett Vineyards 2017 Spring Mountain District Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dean Fearing, of Fearing’s Restaurant will serve Sour Cherry Glazed Lockhart Quail on Jalapeño Creamed Corn with Pickled Okra paired with Merry Edwards Pinot Noir of Bookwalter 2017 Volume 7 Dionysus Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
- Dan Landsberg of Dragonfly will serve Braised Lamb, Spring Pea & Carrot Risotto, Goat Ricotta and Pistachio Studded Mint Chimichurri paired with David Arthur 2015 Meritaggio Red Mare and Silver Ghost 2017 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Gerard Thompson of Rough Creek Lodge will serve Oak Smoked Red Chile Orange Glazed Red Wattle Pork Shoulder, Sweet Corn Green Chili Veldhuizen Redneck Cheddar Cheese Grits and Pickled Spring Vegetables paired with 2016 Modus Operandi Cellars “Vicarious” Red Wine and Knights Bridge 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon (Allergens: Dairy, Gluten-free)
- Stephen Rogers of Gemma, Sachet will serve Spelt Casarecce and Oxtail Ragu paired with 2014 Egelhoff and William Cole 2016 Cuvée Claire Cabernet Sauvignon
- Alex Astranti of Uchi will serve Rock Shrimp, Corn, Yuzu and Quinoa Furikake paired with 2016 Domaine Paul Blanck Alsace Grand Cru Schlossberg Riesling and Ehlers Estate White
- Abraham Salum of Salum Restaurant will serve Roasted Branzino, Esquites, Rajas Poblanas and Crispy Tortillas paired with Ballentine Vineyards and Peake Chardonnay
- Janice Provost of Parigi will serve Risotto with Carrot Top-Jalapeño Pesto, Texas Pecans and Parm
- Paired with Baldacci Family Vineyard 2016 Calistoga Stella Knight Vineyard Estate Grown Cabernet Sauvignon and Dakota Shy 2018 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ryan Simpson of Oceanaire Seafood Room will serve Seared Chilean Sea Bass, Asian Vegetable Slaw, Enoki Mushrooms and Sweet Chili Ponzu paired with Ramey Chardonnay and Saint Helena Sauvignon Blanc (Allergens: Mushrooms, Soy, Fish)
- Pete Harrison of Dakota’s Steakhouse will serve Mediterranean Rub Ribeye, Cinnamon Almond Israeli Cous Cous, Chimichurri and a Harissa Sauce paired with Sherwin Family Vineyards Estate Cabernet Sauvignon and Tate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Misti Norris of Petra and the Beast will serve Bebere Cured Beef Cheek, Preserved Jubilain Baby Leek with Sauce of Curried Sunflower Seeds, Crispy Farro paired with Zeitgeist Cellars 2017 Macauley Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chris Vogeli of III Forks will serve 42-Day Aged Roasted Beef Tenderloin, Spring Black Truffles, Foie Gras and Fresh Thyme Butter Glaze with Crispy PeeWee Potatoes paired with Schweiger 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2017 Revana Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (Allergens: Dairy)
- Eric Dreyer of Ellie’s at Hall Arts Hotel will serve Ellie’s Spice Cures King Salmon, Green Garlic Blini, Bronze Fennel paired with Walt La Brisa Pinot Noir and Three Sticks Chardonnay
- Garth Blackburn of Uptown Farmhouse will serve Peppercorn Veal Shank, TX Goat Cheese Grits, Lewisville Whiskey Cream, Shiitake “Cracklins” and Spring Greens paired with Cast Wines Sparkling Blanc de Noirs and The Vineyard House (Allergens: Gluten-free)
- Ty Thaxton of Te Deseo will serve Smoked Bison Brisket Tamale – Arbol Chili Purée, Tomatillo, Local Pickle Escabeche and Toasted Almonds paired with 2016 PEJU Cabernet Franc and Crown Point