With all the disturbing news about the COVID-19 damage for fundraising, some good news took place today. 2019 Crystal Charity Ball Chair Pat McEvoy joined TBK Bank Vice Chairman/CEO/PIO Aaron Graft in presenting Interfaith Family Services Development Director Jessica Rood with a check for $314,152.
Originally the game plan had been to have a reception on the TBK Bank’s Preston Center rooftop terrace for all the 2019 beneficiaries to receive their checks. But, alas, the party-pooping virus scotched that idea.
It was especially heartbreaking, since Pat had surpassed her initial goal of $6,842,030 and broke all CCB records.
But not to worry. The checks have all been deposited. Here’s a rundown of the Dallas County children’s beneficiaries that benefited from Pat’s and her committee’s hard work:
- Child And Family Guidance Center ($953,800) for HOPE (Health, Outcomes, Prevention, Evaluation) program
- Community Partners Of Dallas ($660,552 over three years) for Meeting The Growing Needs Of Abused and Neglected Children in Dallas
- Cristo Rey Dallas High School Inc. ($910,799) for The Crystal Charity Ball Corporate Work Study Suite
- For The Nations Refugee Outreach ($711,857.30 over two years) for children’s after-school development and enrichment program
- Interfaith Family Services ($314,152 over two years) for children’s program
- Jubilee Park And Community Center ($474,650 over three years) for the Pipeline of Learning Program
- Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic Inc. ($558,390 over two years) for Centering Parentings: Facility Remodel And Program Launch
- Mercy Street Inc. ($751,758 over three years) for Mercy Street South Dallas expansion
- Promise House Inc. ($756,072 over three years) for expansion of emergency youth shelter
- Readers 2 Leaders ($750,000 over three years) for team reading tutoring sustainability and expansion
This news is a great reminder that, despite all odds, there are still tireless efforts underway in North Texas for nonprofits. Sure, the conditions have changed, but the needs have only grown.