The recipients include:
- Carter’s House provides quality clothing to children in underserved communities in the North Texas area at no cost.
- Heart of Courage provides support and advocacy for women who have their children placed in Texas foster care system and mothers who have aged out of the foster care system.
- Hopeful Solutions empowers single mothers by providing the holistic support needed to sustain sobriety and self-sufficient living with their children.
- ilooklikeLOVE’s mission is to empower families with resources for thriving babies, mentor for personal growth, and provide tools for financial freedom.
- Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders’ mission is to create generational legacies of education, job security and retention, and financial stability in communities.
- Texas Tenants’ Union empowers tenants through education and organizing to protect their rights, preserve their homes, improve their living conditions and enhance the quality of life in their communities.
According to Heritage Chair Akilah S. Wallace, “We thank our members for donating funds to help these wonderful nonprofit organizations during such a difficult time. We also invite other nonprofits to follow us on social media for information about upcoming funding opportunities, leadership development and resources.”
Established in August 2017 at Texas Women’s Foundation, Heritage’s mission is to encourage philanthropy in the African-American/Black community, to contribute in a strategic and meaningful way, and to bring a new source of funding to nonprofit organizations serving African-American women and girls throughout North Texas. The circle provides an opportunity to learn about issues and organizations that affect and impact the African-American/Black community.
* Photo provided by Texas Women's Foundation