It seems that Father’s Day had sneaked up on kids throughout the area. The typical pop insists that he doesn’t need a thing except for some peace and quiet. Still the old man deserves something, and this year is a real challenge with professional sports being limited in fan attendance.
It all started with Equest Board Member Clint Haggerty, who just happens to be the general manager of Pendery’s World of Chiles and Spice store in Fort Worth and also the great-great grandson of Dewitt Clinton Pendery (aka the Godfather of Chili Powder).
Clint put together the following five gift packages tailor-made for the man of the family:
- “For the Coffee Drinker”— This will get your dad going every morning! The Reel Good Coffee ceramic mug by Hatley is fun, comfortable to hold, and dishwasher safe. $9.95 each. Bulk discounts also available. Purchase here.
- “For the Fashion Divo” — Woof woof! These stylish men’s hound dog socks by Socksmith are all bark and howl. Available here for $9.99 a pair.
- “For the Horse Lover” — When the County Saddlery brand asked many of the world’s top riders what they felt when they sat in this dressage saddle, they exclaimed it’s “Perfect.” And so will your horse-loving dad. This item is a barely used 2014 County Perfection Dressage. Starting bid is $3,495.00.
- “For the Wannabe Pitmaster” — Help dad master the Art of BBQ and keep him organized and clean with this BBQ apron and four-piece tool set including a barbecue pig fur brush, and stainless steel grill fork, tongs and spatula with bottle opener. The apron is designed to roll up as a bag for easy storage. Available here for $49.99.
- “For the Outdoorsman” — This camping book, Over a Fire – Cooking with a Stick & Cooking Hobo Style, is good old-fashioned outdoor family fun, whether on a camping trip or enjoying a backyard. Dad can enjoy nature and return to primitive cooking over an open flame with these super simple stick or pie iron recipes. Try goodies on a stick like No-Crust Apple Pie and Pineapple Cobbler or wrap it all up with delicious meals of Fajitas in Foil and Sweet & Sour Chicken. Purchase here for $11.98.
In addition to being available online, all proceeds from the purchases will benefit Equest. So, get on your pony and surprise pop and help Equest’s mission “to provide equine assisted activities and therapies to the special needs community and veterans.”
* Graphic provided by Equest