One of the challenges facing too many families every summertime is feeding their youngsters. During the school year, these kids rely on school providing breakfast and lunches. But those meals disappear when school is out. Many times programs step up to make up the difference. However, this year’s COVID-19 has already put incredible pressure on the various food programs.
With this in mind, four North Texas Texans Can Academies are kicking off the Summer Meals Program with free breakfasts and lunches to any child up to the age of 18.
Starting Monday, meals will be served curbside Monday through Thursday with breakfasts from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and lunches from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the following Texans Can campuses:
- Dallas Grant East at 2901 Morgan Drive in Dallas
- Dallas Oak Cliff at 325 W. 12th Street in Dallas
- Dallas Pleasant Grove at 1227 N. Masters in Dallas
- Fort Worth Westcreek at 6620 Westcreek in Fort Worth
The program will run through Friday, July 31.
* Graphic courtesy of Texans Can Academies