Despite today’s announcement of 14 deaths in Dallas County resulting from COVID-19, the organizations are soldiering on to raise funds for very needy and necessary nonprofit programs.
Here is today’s update of cancellations and reschedules:
- American Heart Association of Dallas’ 2020 Côtes du Coeur Auction Preview Party scheduled for Thursday, May 21
- American Heart Association of Dallas’ 2020 Côtes du Coeur Grand Tasting scheduled for Friday, June 3
- The Family Place’s Sneaker Soiree scheduled for Friday, June 5, at the Mavs Gaming Facility is rescheduled for Friday, August 7
- Attorneys Serving the Community Luncheon scheduled for Saturday, June 12, at Omni Dallas Hotel is rescheduled for Thursday, June 25
- Crystal Charity Ball’s Ten Best Fashion Show Cocktail Party scheduled for Thursday, September 17, is rescheduled for Wednesday, October 21
- Crystal Charity Ball’s Ten Best Fashion Show scheduled for Friday, September 18, is rescheduled for Thursday, October 22
Suffering the worst loss in today’s roundup is the American Heart Association of Dallas. Last week it was announced that their hugely popular and successful black-tie gala on Saturday, June 6, had been rescheduled for “sponsors and supporters of Côtes du Coeur to share in a collective virtual celebration and hear from American Heart Association’s CEO Nancy Brown on the impact contributions have in moving the American Heart Association’s mission forward.” Now the fundraiser’s Auction Preview Party and Grand Tasting have been canceled. If you have some extra change, consider sending it in to the AHA.