As if Communities Foundation of Texas and the United Way of Metropolitan Dallas didn’t already have enough on their plates with North Texas Cares, they’ve partnered up with the Dallas Cowboys to be part of the global #Giving TuesdayNow program.
Instead of holding the annual Giving Tuesday program in November, they’re arranging to put on North Texas Giving Tuesday Now to “raise funds for the first responders and nonprofits who are on the front lines protecting, feeding, educating and nurturing those who are most adversely affected by the impact of COVID-19.”
Scheduled to take place from 6 a.m. to midnight on Tuesday, May 5, the campaign will be online using the CFT’s North Texas Giving Day platform. However, early gifts also may be made on the website, which will go live on Tuesday, April 14.
Here are some questions that were posed regarding the POA:
Will there be any matching funds? If not, why wouldn’t someone give the money now to their nonprofit of choice instead of waiting until May 5?
- Of course people will be able to give right now directly to nonprofits, but North Texas Giving Tuesday Now is another tool that nonprofits can use to help generate funds. We are waiving the registration fees for nonprofits. We want to create [sic] a seamless platform as possible.
- We will also mobilize North Texas Giving Day’s 250,000 donors as well as the tools that we provide.
How do they plan to promote this? There can’t be special events.
- With the help of the Dallas Cowboys, UW Metropolitan Dallas and CFT’s marketing efforts, there will be a mix of social media, digital marketing, PR and of course mobilizing peer-to-peer FUNDraisers.
Will there be sponsors of the program? If so, who/what?
- Not at this time. This is a joint effort powered by United Way, Dallas Cowboys and CFT.
- We encourage other organizations to get involved.
Just in case you’re tapped out, people are encouraged to “show their generosity in a variety of ways during #GivingTuesdayNow–whether it’s helping a neighbor, advocating for an issue, sharing a skill, or giving to causes, every act of generosity counts.”
* Graphic provided by North Texas Giving Tuesday Now