If you are feeling anxious and/or a sense of confusion, you’re not alone. We are all dealing with a situation that is new and evolving. However, if we allow ourselves to be saturated with bad news, those fears will only grow. To provide a source of relief from the situation, MySweetCharity is undertaking a new series — MySweetKindness.
Plans call for by-lined articles by anyone who has experienced or witnessed a good deed.
Can’t think of any at the second? How about a:
- person from your past who called to see how you were doing?
- feeling you had when you paid forward a cup of coffee in the drive-thru?
- neighbor you saw receiving a delivery from Meals on Wheels?
- person who paid your tuition in school?
- server who broke down into tears when you doubled the tip yesterday?
Everyone has their own story of kindness to share.
And if you’re shy about revealing your own act of kindness, not to worry. We’ll keep your name between us, but share the act.
Not only will this series provide you with the opportunity to get us all thinking on a more positive note, it will hopefully serve as a light for others in these dark times.
So, instead of shivering in our boots, let’s put our minds and fingers to work. Here are some tips to help you be part of the effort to make things better:
- Name of author
- Length: The shorter the better, but no more than 500 words.
- Send them to [email protected] with “MySweetKindness” in the subject line.
- Please do not use this offer to be self-serving by promoting services or products. But you already knew that.
- Encourage others to submit their “act of kindness” with MSC.
- BTW, there is no age limit, so get your kids involved.
- Get ’em going and send your kindness ASAP. We need the great thoughts.
The good news is that thanks to generous underwriters, the series is once again absolutely free to help our community.
During these times of confusion, let’s celebrate the wo/mankind’s moments of compassion.